Sitting at a desk all day?
Many of us are working from home, sitting all day at a screen. Nobody seems to move as much as they normally do. This is making us stiff, achey and tired.
Top tips to think about to prevent this
- You need to move! Regularly!
- Use a big screen and a separate keyboard
- Put the screen straight in front of you
- You should be about arms length from the screen
- Your eyes should be looking at the upper part of the screen
- Your chair should fit you. So you can sit using the backrest to support you
- Armrests should be able to slide under the desk so you can be close to the desk and keyboard or mouse
- Your arms should be able to rest on the desk
- Your feet should be on the ground, use a foot rest if not
- Do you need glasses? Use them!
- Is your room bright enough? Turn on the light!
- Is there a glare? Pull the blind down!
- Look away from the screen every 20 minutes for 20 seconds and blink or focus on a distant point
- You need to exercise every day
- Walk or run
- Stretch. Everybody’s necks, shoulders and upper backs are static. You need to move!
Need help with an exercise routine?