Manual therapy is a term used to describe hands on physiotherapy treatment techniques. These physiotherapy treatment techniques are used to relax and stretch muscles and to loosen stiff joints. They also are used to decrease pain.
Here at Susan Quin Physiotherapy, I use manual therapy in combination with exercise to treat you.
Manual Therapy Includes:
- Soft Tissue Massage (massage)
- Trigger Point Therapy (pressure applied to trigger points)
- Joint Mobilisations (gentle joint movements)
- Joint Manipulations (cracking a joint)
- Myofascial Techniques (to release tight fascia)
- Muscle Energy Techniques (joint movement using muscles)
- Mulligan’s Mobilisations with Movement
Research has shown that Manual Therapy will significantly help reduce pain and regain movement. It works best with prescribed exercise.
Useful Links and Resources
Susan Quin Physiotherapy provides Home Visits for Personalised Physiotherapy Assessment and Treatment in the Raheny, Clontarf, Killester, Artane, Fairview, Donaghmede, Clongriffin, Malahide, Portmarnock, Baldoyle, Sutton and Howth areas.